Week 6

This week we learned how to repair a kiln’s elements which was pretty cool. We also began the next project which will be focusing on firing in the soda kiln. For this project I will be experimenting with mugs, more specifically pug mugs. I have some small ones made out right now that are just kind of helping get the feel for it all. I plan on making some larger ones. I got to experiment with making a handle as well and I found it very challenging, especially because I am trying to mimic a pug’s tail. I finally came up with something that I found comfortable to hold but it ended up a little off centered but I’m okay with it.

I decided to keep my failed attempts at handles after I coiled them in a pile, thinking it would look like a completed tail, but rather they look like piles of poo. I thought it was funny so I might try putting them through firing as well and maybe display them with the dogs at crit. I did also put some more Terra sig on some pieces and they are ready for a bisquing.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s