Week 15

This week I put the decals on all my plates. There are a total of 9 plates. I put illustrations of flowers on each one and my logo on the bottom. We also loaded up a cone 018 to fire these babies along with Carly’s China paint pieces. Excited to see how they come out!

Advertisements

Week 14

This week I pumped out the final three pugs before wet ware cut off. I finished unipug, ladypug, and pugalope. Now I need to let them dry out so I can get them bisque fired.Once they are out of the bisque, I will start developing patterns for their bodies for me to sew.

Week 13

This week I created two pugs. These pugs will be pugasus and pugasaurus. I plan on making five pugs total: ladypug, pugalope, unipug, pugasaurus, and pugasus. I made all the legs for each dog, 20. And all the tails, 5. I also made the wings for pugasus and the spikes for pugasaurus.

Week 11

Let’s begin with the good news… So my decals for my plates came in the mail this week and they are beautiful! The only thing that I didn’t expect is the words on each flower is smaller than anticipated, but I still love it.

The bad news is.. I’m an idiot. Ha! I made the mistake of pouring my press mold mix over my bisque ware… And it are all my pug pieces. All the moisture from the mix absorbed into the bisque ware and created a super strong adhesive and the pieces are lost forever… (Sorry, I didn’t take a picture.. I was very frustrated at the time and threw it all out before taking a picture.)

So back to the drawing board. Next week I will begin working on creating all the different pugs individually rather than creating a mold. It will be a slower process but I don’t trust molds quite yet..

Week 10

This week my plates and my bowl came out of the kiln. I love the look of the clear glaze on my clay today for my plates because you can see the speckles in the clay. I was also surprised to see that the cone 10 mystery glaze came out looking the same as the test tile. It is beautiful! The pattern reminds me of a Van Gogh painting.My pug pieces are going through the bisque now and once they are out I can begin my press mold.